Addurl.nu Onblogspot News: Javier Colon -- I've Got Plans With TWO 'Voice' Judges

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Javier Colon -- I've Got Plans With TWO 'Voice' Judges

Minutes after being crowned champion of "The Voice,"
Javier Colon was already talking about his next career move ... 
claiming TWO of the judges are already planning to get a piece of him.




'The Voice' winner: Javier Colon 
beats Dia Frampton by just two percent


javier-colon-the-voice.jpgThe top four on "The Voice" -Vicci MartinezBeverly McClellanDia Frampton, andJavier Colon - have had quite a week as they've prepared for the finale -- including getting the star treatment when they stopped by "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" to perform with Rickey Minor.

"When I saw Jay walk in the room," Beverly said, "I was like... man. My stars have changed." We'd say the stars aligned for these four singers quite a while ago.

Vicci Martinez was the first contestant to perform on the Wednesday results show, and before she took the stage, we looked back at her time on "The Voice," beginning with her initial audition when Christina Aguilera and Cee-Lo turned their chairs around. Vicci, unsurprisingly, has no regrets about choosing Cee-Lo to be her coach.

Cee-Lo's pride was evident after he watched Vicci's performance of "Drops of Jupiter" with Pat Monahan of Train. "Vicci, I would like to thank Pat because I know what a sensitive subject matter that song has for him, and I appreciate him sharing that song with you," he told her. He wasn't too concerned with the win or lose of it all, though. "We will forever be bonded because of this experience and we will never be severed by the scrutiny or status quo of the American voting public or everybody's opinion," he said.

After a brief stop in the ever-irritating social media room (why? WHY?) it was time to see@javstwtr -- uh, sorry, we mean Javier Colon -- look back at his "Voice" experience, beginning with his first performance of "Time After Time," which had all four judges' chairs spinning. Javier, of course, chose to be on Team Adam.

It hasn't been the easiest road for Javier, but not for any lack of talent. He admits that being away from his kids has taken its toll on occasion. "They know that daddy's singing," he says. "They might not know why, but they will. They will. I'm doing this for them. Before 'The Voice' my future in music was looking grim. There's nothing that I've ever wanted more than to win this competition."

His future certainly wasn't looking grim when he blew the audience away during a duet of "Landslide" with the legendary Stevie Nicks. It's hard to imagine anything better than having someone like her want to sing with you - she even got Christina Aguilera up out of her chair.

"I told Stevie Nicks I wasn't going to cry on national television, so I'm not going to cry," Adam said, addressing Javier. "That's the coolest thing you've ever done, other than have kids probably, and get married. I'm pretty speechless. You just sang with Stevie Nicks and that's one of the most beautiful duets I've ever heard in my life... Good luck, man, and you deserve to win this competition."

In Beverly's package, she said, "I'm the oldest person here but maybe the youngest at heart," and we certainly believe her after these weeks of watching her rock out on stage. "I definitely want to thank Christina from the bottom of my heart for switching that chair around," she added.

Beverly was paired with One Republic's Ryan Tedder for her final duet, which, we have to admit, seems like an odd choice. While there's no doubt that his song "Good Life" is an anthem, their voices didn't seem to mix as seamlessly as we'd hoped, and we're glad that Bev won't be judged on that particular performance for the competition.

When it was Christina's turn to talk, she didn't only address Beverly. "You know everything that I would possibly say bout you," she told her team member. "I love you so much. You are such a professional. I just thank you for all your hard work." She then turned to the men on either side of her to speak to them.

Though there's no doubt that Christina gave her "boys" a hard time throughout the season, she softened when she spoke to them this time. "We really held each others' hands through this project and trusted each other, and I just want to thank you guys, because you guys have felt like the big brothers I've never had. I'm a big fan of all of you, so much respect, much love, and thank you Beverly."

Aww. We feel all warm and fuzzy now.

Dia won Blake over from the get-go, as he turned his chair around within the first few bars of her Colbie Callait cover. "This girl is someone who has a vision," he says in her package. "There's no way to explain how precious and rare that is. Dia reminds me of my wife Miranda. They're both mold-breakers. There's nobody else like them."

It was only fitting, then, that Dia join Miranda Lambert on stage for a moving rendition of the hit "House that Built Me." Blake struggled to speak afterward. "It finally hit me watching that -- I was probably supposed to have something prepared to say at this moment, but I know now why I get so emotional why I'm around you these last few weeks," he said. "Watching you sing that song with my wife it really hit me. You're family to me now, and I love you, I really do."

Finally, it was time to crown the winner, as the four contestants stood on stage holding each other close. "The voting was extremely close," Carson said. "The Top 2 were within only 2% of each other." Those top two artists were Dia Frampton and Javier Colon, which came as little surprise to us. Christina and Cee-Lo took the stage to congratulate their competition and say goodbye to their team members, Beverly and Vicci.

"Something very cool happened last night after we got off the air," he continued. "One of our artists hit #2 on iTunes, and that artist was Javier Colon. Another one of our artists hit #1, and that was Dia Frampton."

In the end, those numbers were not indicative of the win -- Javier Colon, the frontrunner since the beginning, took the title of Season 1 winner of "The Voice."

"Thank you," Javier choked out at the end. "I don't even know where to begin other than to say that the three women behind me are absolutely awesome and it was a pleasure to be here with them."

No comments:

Post a Comment

God is a DJ T-Shirt