Addurl.nu Onblogspot News: Rep. Anthony Weiner: 'I'm Not Going to Talk' About Twitter Photo Controversy Anymore

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Rep. Anthony Weiner: 'I'm Not Going to Talk' About Twitter Photo Controversy Anymore

ABC News’ Devin Dwyer (@devindwyer) reports:   There are plenty of lingering questions surrounding the  lewd photo posted on New York Rep. Anthony Weiner’s Twitter account Friday night, like who’s the man in boxer briefs? How’d he get on Weiner’s feed? And, if the tweet was a “hack” job, as the congressman says, why not enlist law enforcement to track down the assailant?   

Weiner seemed to suggest today he doesn’t think those questions need to be answered publicly any time soon. 

“I’m not going to talk about this anymore,” he told reporters when asked about the incident this afternoon.  

“If I was giving a speech to 45,000 people and someone stood up and heckled in the back I wouldn’t spend three days talking to him. I’m going to get back to the conversation I care about,” he said. 

Weiner referred the scrum of questioners to statements put out by his office over the past few days. A spokesman for Weiner said Monday that the congressman has hired an attorney to explore “civil or criminal actions” in response to the incident, which he called a “prank.” 

Pressed by one reporter on why he does not appear more concerned about an alleged violation of cyber security against a member of Congress, Weiner brushed the question aside. 

“I’m going to return to the things I care about," he said. "I’ve participated in the story a couple of days now. Given comments on it. This is a distraction and I’m not going to let it distract me.”

God is a DJ T-Shirt