Addurl.nu Onblogspot News: Cowboys’ Roy Williams sues ex-girlfriend to get engagement ring back

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cowboys’ Roy Williams sues ex-girlfriend to get engagement ring back

Dallas Cowboys' WR Roy Williams failed to put a ring on it — now he wants that ring back. (Eric Gay - AP)
Dallas Cowboys’ wide receiver Roy Williams has 99 problems, and the ongoing NFL lockout is just one of them.

The Odessa American reported that Williams is suing his former girlfriend Brooke Daniels in an attempt to get back a $75,000 engagement ring which he sent to her in February. Williams apparently sent Daniels the ring, some money for dental bills and a taped wedding proposal by mail (yes, by mail!) in an attempt to woo the former 2009 Miss Texas.
When his romantic overture failed to bear fruit (how could she resist?) Williams requested the ring back. After Daniels claimed the ring had been lost, it turned out her father had it in his possession.
Michael Daniels disputed Williams’ account:
"He said (to Brooke Daniels), 'I'm not like a lot of people, I don't want the ring back. You'll eventually come back to me,' and she didn't."
Michael Daniels, told the newspaper that he planned on returning the ring to avoid any legal hassles.
“I want to wash my hands of it. It’s just a hassle. I’ll take care of my daughter. I don’t need him.”
In a summer when fellow Cowboys Tony Romo and Martellus Bennett tied the knot, it seems Williams dropped the ball in his attempt to join in on the rash of nuptials.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God is a DJ T-Shirt